Summary of BookTwilight is a series of four vampire-themed fantasy romance novels by American author Stephenie Meyer. It charts a period in the life of Isabella "Bella" Swan, a teenage girl who moves to Forks, Washington, and falls in love with a 104-year-old vampire named Edward Cullen. The series is told primarily from Bella's point of view, with the epilogue of Eclipse and Part II of Breaking Dawn being told from the viewpoint of character Jacob Black, a werewolf. The unpublished Midnight Sun is a retelling of the first book, Twilight, from Edward Cullen's point of view. The novella The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner, which tells the story of a newborn vampire who appeared in Eclipse, was published on June 5, 2010 as a hardcover book and on June 7 as a free online ebook. The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide, a definitive encyclopedic reference with nearly 100 full colour illustrations, was released in bookstores on April 12, 2011.
Since the release of the first novel, Twilight, in 2005, the books have gained immense popularity and commercial success around the world. The series is most popular among young adults; the four books have won multiple awards, most notably the 2008 British Book Award for "Children's Book of the Year" for Breaking Dawn, while the series as a whole won the 2009 Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Book.
As of October 2010, the series has sold over 116 million copies worldwide with translations into at least 38 different languages around the globe. The four Twilight books have consecutively set records as the biggest selling novels of 2008 on the USA Today Best-Selling Books list and have spent over 235 weeks on the New York Times Best Seller list for Children's Series Books.
Thus far, the first three books have been made into a series of motion pictures by Summit Entertainment; the film adaptation of Twilight was released in 2008 and the second, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, was released on November 20, 2009. The third film, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, was released June 30, 2010.
Books and Movies
|#||Name of Book/Movie||Book Release Date||Movie Release Date||MAD Parodies|
|1||Twilight||October 5, 2005||November 21, 2008||1 Parody. The book was spoofed in the Big Fang Theory.|
|2||The Twilight Saga: New Moon||September 6, 2006||November 20, 2009||None|
|3||The Twilight Saga: Eclipse||August 7, 2007||June 30, 2010||3 Parodies. The movie was spoofed in the Twilight Saga: Eclipse, TwiGH School Musical and seen in Cobrah.|
|4||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn (Parts 1 and 2 for Movie)||August 2, 2008||November 18, 2011/November 16, 2012||2 Parodies. The movie got spoofed as Twilight: Staking Dawn and Twilight: Breaking Down.|
Appearances in Show
- Episode 6 Pirates of the Neverland: At Wit's End: Edward appears saying he's moody.
- Episode 7 The Twilight Saga: Eclipse: The 3rd movie of the series gets spoofed with an alternate ending.
- Episode 10 Class of the Titans: Edward and Jacob cameo in the audience.
- Episode 12: Little Rid Riding Hood thinks the wolf is Jacob, whom gets dragged by Twilight fangirls.
- Episode 13 K-Stew's Beef Stew: Kristen Stewart gets spoofed in a beef stew commercial making people depressed like her character Bella.
- Episode 18 Are You Karate Kidding Me?: Bella and Edward were competitors in the chicken fight.
- Episode 18 Rejected... Auditions: Fred Figglehorn acted like Edward Cullen.
- Episode 19 Cullen Clear: Edward gets spoofed alongside with Clean & Clear in this ad.
- Episode 21 Cobrah: Cameo as seen in Episode 7, Stephenie Meyer is also interviewed.
- Episode 23 Twigh School Musical: The movie gets spoofed alongside with High School Musical.
- Episode 24 The Big Fang Theory: The book gets spoofed alongside with the Big Bang Theory.
- Episode 10 (36) Celebrity Superpowers: The giant robot praised Robert Pattinson's role in this movie.
- Episode 12 (38) MAD News: The MAD News anchor is more excited about the fourth movie than life on other planets.
- Episode 13 (39) Abs-Duction: Taylor Lautner says these "Twilight" movies will run forever. Also, Twilight posters can be seen.
- Episode 16 (42) Twilight: Staking Dawn: The 4th movie gets spoofed alongside with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Episode 20 (46) Taylor Lautner's Deleted Twilight Shirtless Scenes: The movies get spoofed with deleted shirtless scenes.
- Episode 20 (46) That's What Super Friends Are For: Batman and Kid Flash were watching Twilight at the movies.