The Los Angeles Police Department tracks down a runaway Easter Bunny.
- Cheap Trick
- Death Cab for Cutie
- Energizer Bunny
- Grauman's Chinese Theatre
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Tom Cruise
- Jimmy Cricket
- Dolly Parton
- Burt Reynold
- Shake It Up!
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
- Phineas and Ferb
- Bugs Bunny
- Jay Leno
- David Hasselhoff
- The Strokes
- Rabbit's foot
- A carrot
- Jay Leno again
- E.B. (Not the Easter Bunny)
- E.B.'s Dad (Is the Easter Bunny)
- Cop (Said to be that cop from C.S.I.)
- Rocky Blue (Wants a photo with Tom Cruise's footprints)
- Bugs Bunny (Eating celery for some reason)
- Trix Rabbit (Needs help)
- David Hasselhoff (Popular with Germans)
- Julian Casablancas (Asks Sam to play it again)
(Scene begins with E.B. playing the drums)
E.B.'s Dad: E.B., you need to get ready. You're about to be crowned the Easter Bunny!
E.B.: Dad, I don't want to be the Easter Bunny! I want to be in a band.
(Scene goes to E.B.'s poster of CheapTrix)
E.B.'s Dad: Nonsense, what could be better than traveling the world and working only one day a year?
E.B.: Traveling the world and never working. Which is what bands do!
E.B.'s Dad: Kid's got a point. (Bubble appears) And if his band blows up, he might make a fortune. Then again, he might get mixed up with those Headswim boys! (Bubble disappears) Nope. I'm sorry, son. I can't allow you to-- (Gasp)
(Scene goes to E.B.'s drum which had a note saying "Gone to Hollywood")
E.B.'s Dad: He thinks he can ditch me, eh? Well, I know who can bring him in.
(Scene goes to title card "HOPS" with a siren blaring.)
("Los Angeles Police Department, Hollywood Precinct" appears bottom left)
Cop: Responding to a call about a rabbit on the run. (2:35 p.m Rabbit on the Run appears) Sounds crazy, but we randomly check out one prank call a day. Today, the rabbit beats out... "Downtown Riot." (... Was that supposed to be a pun? The cop turns the siren on) (Chuckles) Pranksters.
(Scene goes to E.B. playing the drums while sirens approach him.)
(Cop gets out of car)
Cop: Well, well, well. Look what we have here!
(People go away)
E.B.: Uh, is there a problem, officer?
Cop: You tell me. I'm in pursuit of a drum playing rabbit on the run. You wouldn't happen to know where I'd find one, would you?
E.B.: You mean that guy?
(Scene goes to blue energizer bunny running from his feelings .)
Cop: What the--?! That's him!
(Scene goes to cop chasing the bunny)
Cop: (Panting) Man, that guy keeps going and going and going.
(Scene goes to Cop back in car.)
(4:15 P.M. CONTINUING RABBIT INVESTIGATION)
Cop: Turns out that wasn't him after all. But if he's from out of town, I bet I know exactly where he's headed.
Cop: Yep, just as I suspected, rabbit tracks.
Rocky Blue: Actually, those are Tom Cruise's footprints.
(Scene backs out and shows Hollywood, bus passes by with passengers cheering)
Rocky Blue: Could you take my photo with them?
Cop: Oh. Um, sure.
(Cop takes picture)
Rocky Blue: (Gasp) Hey, you're not that cop from C.S.I., are you?
Cop: Yes. Yes, I am.
(Scene goes to night time house.)
(6:30, NOISE COMPLAINT)
Cop: Well, I didn't find the bunny, but I just got a call about some guy making a racket.
(Cop knocks on door)
Bugs Bunny: Eh, What's up, cop?
Cop: I thought you lived in the ground.
Bugs Bunny: The rent was too high, so I moved into a cul-de-sac.
Cop: Well, could you keep it do-- What the--?!
(Scene goes to E.B. playing the drums)
Cop: Freeze, rabbit! You're under arrest!
Trix Rabbit: What? This isn't cereal. Cereal's for kids! Why would I have cereal?
(I wasn't kidding when I said he needs help.)
Cop: Not you! That rabbit!
Trix Rabbit: Oh, sure, now you tell me.
(Scene goes to Cop and E.B.)
Cop: Come on, bunny, you're coming with me.
David Hasselhoff: Oh, no, he isn't.
Cop: David Hasselhoff?
David Hasselhoff: This music is amazing!
Julian Casablancas: Wow. Thanks so much!
David Hasselhoff: Not you guys, I mean the rabbit, you guys are just stealing music from the seventies.
Cop: Oh, stealing music from the seventies, are you?
(The Strokes run out the door)
David Hasselhoff: Son, I'm gonna put you on my reality talent show.
Cop: Not so fast, this hare is coming with me!
David Hasselhoff: Not if I can help it.
(David puts cop to the ground.)
David Hasselhoff: Run, E.B.
E.B.: I can't get loose.
(David gives the cop a knuckle sandwich KO, which causes blackout)
(Scene resumes to cop who is badly damaged)
Cop: Yes, technically, the rabbit got away. But clearly I'm the lucky one, two, three, four.
(Segment ends with cop playing with E.B.'s SEVERED LEGS on Stroke's drums while people cheer.)
- E.B.'s posters had a Hare showing the peace symbol and Cheap Trix with three Trix rabbits and one Nesquik rabbit.
- The globe is shaped like an Easter egg, similar to the movie. I don't even
- When the cop chases the Energizer Bunny, he says today's slogan of the Energizer commercials.
- Footprints on the concrete were Dolly Parton, Burt Reynold, Tom Cruise and Jimmy Cricket.
- The Trix Rabbit appeared at the beginning (Poster) and at the end (Party).
- The Trix Rabbit had a cereal box called Len-O's.
- First time MAD showed a 2011 movie and still in theaters at the time.
- This was released by Fisher-Price as a set, in June 2011, which is bullhonkey.
- This segment was an Easter special, but the full episode of MAD was not.
- Unsurprisingly, this episode aired the same month the live-action/CGI HOP movie was released.
- In this segment, the Energizer bunny is blue and his sandals are yellow. But in the Energizer commercials, the bunny is pink and the sandals are blue.
- The chicks, Carlos, the Pink Berets and Fred do not appear in this movie segment.
- In the movie, E.B.'s dad is fat, but in the segment, he seems a bit slimmer.
- When Cop tells the woman that he's a cop from CSI, the phrase is exactly what Phineas and Ferb say.
- Bugs Bunny appears at his house at the cul-de-sac throwing a huge party, which could be a reference to The Looney Tunes Show episode "The Fish and Visitors" when Bugs and Daffy throw a similar party. Also, he is seen chewing celery instead of a carrot.WHY WARNER BROS.?!?!?! WHY DID YOU SPOOF YOUR OWN CHARACTER?!!?!?!?!?!!??!! YOU OWN THE DAMN RABBIT, SO USE HIM RIGHT!!!
- Antagonist: Cop (I think...)
- When Bugs Bunny appears, he makes a parody of himself (like W.B. wasn't doing that already) saying: "What's up, cop?". This is a parody of his catchphrase: "What's up, Doc?"
- In the movie, E.B. and his dad have British accents as being voiced by British actors Russell Brand and Hugh Laurie, but in the segment, they have American accents.
- This is the only appearance of Shake It Up.