Summary of TV ShowDora the Explorer is an American animated television series created by Chris Gifford, Valerie Walsh, and Eric Weiner. Dora the Explorer became a regular series in 2000. The show is carried on the Nickelodeon cable television network, including the associated Nick Jr. channel. It aired on CBS until September 2006. A Spanish-dubbed version first aired as part of a Nick en español block on NBC Universal-owned Telemundo through September 2006; since April 2008, this version of the program has been carried on Univision as part of the Planeta U block.
Dora is a little Hispanic girl with who goes on adventures with her red boot wearing monkey, conveniently named Boots. During her adventures we also get to meet her talking backpack (or la mochila) and the map who sings an annoyingly cute song. The show plays out almost like a computer adventure showing a mouse on different scenes where the kids make a decision. Dora asks your kids questions and then waits for a response. The main purpose of the show is to teach Spanish to English-speaking children.
Appearances in MAD
- Episode 8 Dora the Explorer in The Road to Recovery: Dora, Boots, and Backpack appear in the segment in a bus, and then she pukes into her Backpack.
- Episode 18 Are You Karate Kidding Me?: Backpack appeared first on Dre, and then Dora appeared wanting revenge for who hurt her backpack.
- Episode 9 (61) Legend of Dora: The television show gets spoofed along with the Legend of Korra.
- Episode 14 (66) Go, Dragon Ball, Go!: Swiper the Fox makes a cameo.
- Episode 16 (68) Dark Knight at the Museum: Dora and Boots appeared at the Museum of Television.
- Dora's best friend, Boots, made cameos throughout the show.