Summary of Television Network
Cartoon Network (abbreviated CN, corporately known as The Cartoon Network, Inc.) is an American cable television network created by Turner Broadcasting which primarily shows animated programming. The channel was originally launched on October 1, 1992 after Turner purchased the animation studio Hanna-Barbera Productions in 1991. It was originally served as a 24-hour outlet for classic animation properties from the Turner Broadcasting libraries and is mainly youth-oriented, but shares channel space with a late-night adult oriented channel programming block called Adult Swim which was launched on September 2, 2001.
It also broadcasts many shows, ranging from action to animated comedy. Original series started in 1994 with Space Ghost Coast to Coast, along with Cartoon Cartoons original programmings like Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, Johnny Bravo, the Powerpuff Girls, Ed, Edd n Eddy and Courage the Cowardly Dog. Since 2009, it has begun airing a small amount of live-action programming, specifically movies from Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema, both of which are also owned by Time Warner. It is currently the third cable channel behind Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. Despite the network's name, Cartoon Network does not carry any preschool programming and currently airs several live-action shows in its lineup.
On September 6, 2010, Cartoon Network aired MAD after the Regular Show series premiere as part of the network.
Appearances in Show
- Episode 1 Zombi: The hunter was in clothes similar to Elmer Fudd.
- Episode 2 Star Wars: the Groan Wars: Star Wars: the Clone Wars is parodied.
- Episode 6 Pirates of the Neverland: At Wit's End: Daffy Duck was seen carrying a barrel wearing Donald Duck's clothes.
- Episode 6 Dinosaurs with bird effects: Sylvester makes a cameo as a saber-toothed cat and Tweety appeared as a dinosaur.
- Episode 9 Ben 10 Franklin: Ben 10 gets spoofed along with Benjamin Franklin.
- Episode 13 Malcolm in the Middle Earth: Finn and Jake from Adventure Time appeared.
- Episode 14 Slop N' Shop: The pig in the skit resembled Porky Pig.
- Episode 19 HOPS: Bugs Bunny appeared at the party eating celery.
- Episode 21 Not a Fan a Montana: Miley Cyrus was Wile E. Coyote and Justin Bieber was Road Runner.
- Episode 22 The Social Netjerk: Mordecai and Rigby from Regular Show appeared.
- Episode 23 Meep! My Dad Says: Road Runner gets spoofed alongside with $h*! My Dad Says.
- Episode 23 Avenger Time: Adventure Time gets spoofed along with the Avengers.
- Episode 25 Spewwing Bee: Elmer Fudd appears as the judge and says Ming-Ming is correct.
- Episode 1 (27) RiOa:Mordecai and Rigby from Regular Show appeared for the second time. Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote make cameos at the desert. Road Runner got the ring in his lunch and got the ability to fly while Wile E. Coyote got hit by an anvil.
- Episode 2 (28) MAD News: Marvin the Martian appeared letting his sink run water on Mars.
- Episode 3 (29) Kung Fu Blander: Pepé Le Pew was one of the black and white things destroyed by Shen's Angry Birds.
- Episode 9 (35) How I Met Your Mummy: Gossamer makes a cameo as one of the monsters in a restaurant, however, he is sky blue.
- Episode 11 (37) The Celebrity Ape-rentice: Mojo Jojo from the Powerpuff Girls appeared.
- Episode 13 (39) Mickey Mouse Mouse Exterminator Service: Speedy Gonzales makes a cameo as one of the mice in a cage by Mickey Mouse.
- Episode 17 (43) 2 Broke Powerpuff Girls: The Powerpuff Girls get spoofed along with 2 Broke Girls, where Bubbles and Buttercup are completely broke and working at a diner. And also, Mojo Jojo appeared again, along with "Him".
- Episode 5 (57) I Am Lorax: Mordecai and Rigby appeared for the third time, this time as zombies, and Mojo Jojo appeared for the third time, this time also as a zombie.
- Episode 8 (60) MADvent Calendar: Disney re-designs the seven dwarves as something they call 7D, but the rest of the world calls it Adventure Time.
- Episode 12 (64) MADvent Calendar: The announcer says that Cartoon Network celebrates its 20th Anniversary, but is still not old enough to stay up past 9:00 PM in the evening.
- Episode 12 (64) Once Upon a Toon: The classic Cartoon Network characters get spoofed along with ABC's Once Upon a Time. The classic Cartoon Network characters were, which include:
- Johnny Bravo (from Johnny Bravo)
- Dexter and Dee Dee (from Dexter's Lab)
- Jack (from Samurai Jack)
- Cow and Chicken (from Cow and Chicken)
- Hector Con Carne, Boskov and Hector's Stomach (from Evil Con Carne)
- Nigel Uno (leader of the Kids Next Door)
- Courage (from Courage the Cowardly Dog)
- Grim Reaper (from the Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
- Blooregard Q. Kazoo (from Foster's Home)
- Buck Tuddrussel (from Time Squad)
- Edd, also known as "Double D" (from Ed, Edd n Eddy)
- Blossom (leader of the Powerpuff Girls)
- Lazlo (from Camp Lazlo)
- Episode 17 (69) Who Wore it Better?: Mojo Jojo from the Powerpuff Girls appeared for the fourth time.
- Episode 22 (74) The Land Before Adventure Time: Adventure Time gets spoofed along with the Land Before Time.
- Episode 22 (74) Regular Shogun Warriors: Regular Show gets spoofed along with Shogun Warriors.
- "Cartoon Network" was said three times in MAD Season 3. Once in I Am Lorax / Modern Family Circus, and twice in Taking Nemo / Once Upon a Toon.